Posts in this category
- The Fun of Running a Public Web Service, and Session Storage
- CPAN Pull Request Challenge: A call to the CPAN authors
- You Write Your Own Bio
- Iron Man Challenge - Am I a Stone Man?
- Correctness in Computer Programs and Mathematical Proofs
- Why Design By Contract Does Not Replace a Test Suite
- Doubt and Confidence
- Fun and No-Fun with SVG
- Goodby Iron Man
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality
- Introducing my new project: Quelology organizes books
- iPod nano 5g on linux -- works!
- Keep it stupid, stupid!
- My Diploma Thesis: Spin Transport in Mesoscopic Systems
- Why is my /tmp/ directory suddenly only 1MB big?
Tue, 23 Jun 2009
Iron Man Challenge - Am I a Stone Man?
I'm missing the things announced on their website: a way to find out to which level you made it, a monthly selection of best blog posts, and all these other things that were designed to create some competition, and more fun.
Don't get me wrong, I like to read the blog of my fellow Perl programmers, and it motivates me to write more often myself. But that's not all that was promised to us.
One thing I'd like to add about the content, though: So far most of what I read was very good and informative, but it was all text. I know it's not easy to find nice on-topic programming pictures, and use.perl.org doesn't even allow the inclusion of pictures in posts, and I don't do it often myself, but having more picture or charts would be nice.