Categories

Posts in this category

Thu, 08 Jun 2017

Perl 6 Books Landscape in June 2017

Permanent link

There are lots of news around Perl 6 books to share these days. If you follow the community very closely, you might be aware of most of it. If not, read on :-).

Think Perl 6 is now available for purchase, and also for download as a free ebook. Heck, it's even Open Source, with the LaTeX sources on GitHub!

Perl 6 at a Glance, previously only available in print form, is now available as an ebook. Save paper and shipping costs!

My own book, Perl 6 Fundamentals, is now in the "production" phase: copyediting, indexing, layout. And just before the manuscript submission deadline, Larry Wall has contributed a foreword. How awesome is that?

I've revamped perl6book.com to provide a short overview of the current and future Perl 6 books. As a small gimmick, it contains a flow chart explaining which book to chose. And I even got input from two other Perl 6 book authors (Laurent Rosenfeld of "Think Perl 6", Andrew Shitov of "Perl 6 at a Glance", "Migrating to Perl 6".

From a pull request to perl6book.com, it looks like Andrew Shitov is working on two more Perl 6 books. Keep 'em coming!

Last but not least, Gabor Szabo has started a crowd funding campaign for a Perl 6 book on web app development. There are still a few day left, so you can help it succeed!

And as always, if you want to keep informed about Perl 6 books, you can sign up at perl6book.com for my Perl 6 books mailing list (low volume, typically less than one email per month).

[/perl-6] Permanent link